Project Home • Blog • Forums • Wiki • Known Issues • Screenshots • External Project Link • Contact Project
Author: Anang Phatak (All RIAForge projects by this author)
CFTurbine is a prototyping engine built completely in coldfusion.
This concept is borrowed from Rails ’scaffolding’. The cfturbine engine generates coldfusion applications similar to how ruby-on-rails generates Ruby’s web based application; it takes care of generating boilerplate code. It relieves you from the mundane work and lets you concentrate on the exciting part.
The engine allows you to engineer the SQL tables from scratch (or reverse engineer them from models). It generates “create/drop” migrations scripts, DAOs (manages table relations with ANSI SQL), models, views controllers. I will also add the ability to create "service-interface" for accessing application from RIA clients.
There are no dependencies on any frameworks, and the project files generated are standalone.
You can watch some screencasts to get you started at http://cfturbine.com/?page_id=118
Be sure to read the version info file to see what changed !
Recent Blog Entries:
* "Create" ddls are generated only for sqlite, sql server and mysql
* "SQLIte" driver cannot use prepared statements
* Pretty URLs need apache (with mod_rewrite) configured properly or ISAPI_ReWrite file to be edited with generated httpd.ini
* if not using pretty urls, access the newly created application by going to
* Project is in BETA phase and needs your feedback
* Project depends on some js libraries (YUI, Syntax Highlighter) which are included
* Created code includes jQuery
This project has an external bug tracker. You can find it here:
You may access this project's Subversion repository with your client here: http://svn.riaforge.org/cfturbine.
To view files and changelists associated with this repository, go here: http://cfturbine.riaforge.org/index.cfm?event=page.svnbrowse.
Anonymous users have read access to the repository while the administrator has write access.
This project is sharing its code via Subversion. Subversion is an open source source control method. You may find more information about Subversion here: http://subversion.tigris.org/
Adobe and the Adobe product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.